The establishment of the College of Education was in the year 2000 AD as one of the colleges of Tikrit University, on an area with (46) acres and later joined by the corresponding location of the college (23) acres. The study started in it in the same year with three departments: Arabic Language, History, and Life Sciences. After that, it’s developed and expand this educational institution until reached the current structure, where several academic departments were created as well as the creation of graduate studies as mentioned below:
- In the academic year 2003 – 2004 AD, the departments of the Qur’an sciences and chemistry were created.
- In the 2010-2011 academic year, the English Language Department was opened.
- As for the academic year 2011-2012, the Department of Physical Education, which received students during the 2012-2013 academic year, was created.
- In the academic year 2013-2014, the Department of Geography was created.
- The Department of Physics was created in the 2015-2016 academic year.
Moreover, in the academic year (2010-2011), graduate studies were opened in the departments (Quran Sciences – Arabic Language – History – Chemistry). A Ph.D. study was opened in the Departments of Arabic Language, History, and Holy Quran Sciences during the 2015-2016 academic year, and a study Masters and Ph.D. in the Department of Life Sciences and Higher Diploma, and MSc and Ph.D. in the Department of Chemistry.
The college includes (9) departments:
- Quran Sciences Department
- Arabic language Department
- English Department
- Biology Department
- Chemistry department
- Physics Department
- Department of History
- The Department of Physical Education suspended studies after the introduction Physical Education College since the academic year 2015-2016
- Geographical Department
In the academic year 2003-2004, the college graduated the first batch of its students for the first three departments that were created with the introduction of the college (Arabic language, life sciences, history), which numbered (55) students.
Among the most significant achievements of this college is the introduction of evening studies for all its departments as of the academic year 2006-2007, as well as the buildings of the departments of Chemistry and Biology, library building and student center, the completion of the maintenance of Qur’an sciences departments and the Arabic language building, and study halls attached to it, internal roads culmination and gardens, the magnificent view that reflects the aesthetic of the college, all of that for the convenience of the student and the provision of the appropriate place to study it. The Internet building center and the central library has also been completed, and the college continues to carry out work that increases the aesthetic of the college and expand its services.