The Department is connected directly to the President, considered among the vital facilities, that has a prominent, permanent role, and active presence in covering the activities of the university, delivering the vision and mission of the university to recipients through readable, visual and audio media so that the receiver can know what is happening in the University of Samarra and what services provided in various fields.
Its consists of two divisions that are directly related to the director:
1. Media Division
2. Public Relations Division
The department administration is working on distributing daily work to the administrators and continuously striving to renew and keep abreast of modern technologies at work.
The Department of Media and Public Relations is the university’s face, which the university looks out and the recipient to see. The Department’s most prominent duties are:
• Covering the activities and events organized by the university, such as conferences, seminars, sports competitions, poetry, literary and art festivals, celebrations, events, volunteer humanitarian campaigns, charitable festivals, and the Department also highlights the activities and participation of the university faculty in external forums.
• The Department adopts organizing the central university celebrations, through its permanent membership in the preparatory committees, and covering these activities, publishing on its visual and readable means.
• The Department follows up daily all published media about the university and adopts a response to it after presenting it to the university president.
•The Department follows all the humanitarian and social aspects of university employees, including employees and professors, and congratulates them on their events.
• Organizing television interviews conducted by satellite channels with the President of the University or with assistants and a permanent presence with the media in such activities.
• The Department works to communicate the voice of university students to the university president, present their problems, and try to find practical solutions to them.
Department courses and activities
The Department has conducted several courses and workshops related to media work, the most critical points:
• A training course in short film making, 2017.
• A training course in the art of making news in 2018.
TV Reporting Course 2018.•
• A workshop about the parts of the press and the way of writing 2018.
– Dr. Rashid Ahmed Mohamed 2012-2013.
– Dr. Ahmed Hussein Al-Dhafiri 2013-2017.
– Hudhaifa Saad Ibrahim from 2017-2020