It is a scientific and cultural institution, which seeks to collect, organize, retrieve and broadcast information sources in all its forms, to facilitate the researchers access and beneficiaries to these sources, as soon as possible, with minimal effort and greater accuracy. Also, to satisfy their needs and desires of information in their field, whether in its form traditional or digital.
1. Promote the scientific movement and rise to the university level.
2. Provide knowledge in various forms, developing it, educating the community, and linking the library’s activities to the university plan requirements.
3. Provide knowledge sources in its multiple types for scientific, applied, and human specialties for the beneficiaries of university employees, including professors, researchers, graduate students, initial studies, and employees, as well as governmental, private, and community institutions.
4. Develop office work in line with recent developments in the library field and information services.
5. Provide information and office services to facilitate research and retrieval methods through the publications issued by the library, among others.
6. The publications exchange published by the university and the scientific results of its affiliates with Iraqi, Arab and international universities and scientific institutions.
7. Prepare introductory programs for professors, researchers, and students who benefit from the services provided by the library and how to use the information sources available there.
8. Create the appropriate climate within the library for study and research by creating specialized libraries, and preparing spacious halls equipped with the latest office furniture.