The foundation of Physical Education and the Sports Science College with its branches: Theoretical Sciences, Individual Games, and Team Games were in the 2015/2016 academic year, according to Ministerial Order No. TM 3/1/5011 on 23/9/2015, after it was the Department of Education Physical and Sports Sciences within the Education College/ University of Samarra since the academic year 2012/2013. Students number of the first stage in the college for the academic year 2015/2016 AD (58) students.
Physical Education and Sports Science College aim to achieve the following goals:
1- Preparing specialists in the physical education field to work in various community institutions within one of the following areas:
- Teaching physical education
- Athletic Training
- Sports management
2- Preparing specialists in sports health, sports movement science, sports psychology, and sports recreation, as the college ages.
3- Research and studies in various fields of physical education
4- Providing scientific advice and cooperation with governmental, and national sports bodies and institutions in the study of sports issues to achieve common goals in various fields of physical education.
5- Providing scientific and applied services, qualifying the workers in the sports field through the development of specialized laboratory devices.
Building a scientific and educational edifice that reaches a distinguished scientific position among the colleges locally, regionally, and internationally.
The college aims to:
- Preparing a generation of educational leaders.
- Preparing a generation of scientific researchers.
- Disseminating mathematical, scientific concepts.
- Enriching the job market with the teachers it needs.
- Developing the scientific and administrative level of the teaching and leadership staff.
- Development of development projects and self-financing.
- Preparing sports trainers in sports institutions.
Development, implementation, and leadership of scientific, educational and sports projects following international quality standards